Monday, September 7, 2009

you threw me your heart

if i could try and understand
i would
because you keep throwing your heart at me
and i dont want that much blood on my hands

you've kept me on a pedestal
you said i jumped off
when i said i saw the girl of my dreams
i tried to tell you
how it was just the tidal wave
washing out the foundation of sand

you want someone to set you straight
i tried
i told you outright i'm not worth it
i told you how it wont happen
but you still threw your heart
i was never good at catch

so i'm sorry
that i've caused you inner turmoil
but in all honesty
that's what would have happened
even if i had caught your heart

the bloods' on me either way
instead of on hands
that caught it in a soft embrace
it lies splattered on my shirt
a wall of hard reality

1 comment: