Monday, September 28, 2009

long night... goodnight

you called me shortsighted...
i guess i need glasses

you say the word "detached" so often...
i am not tree sap
i am not crazy glue
i am not adhesive
i do not attach and stick
i am claw
i am quarter-driven prize game
i grip and release

so easily done
its the same exact motion
backwards in my heart

i thought i had shared enough of my life
to let you know it was all my choice
i am a creature of choices
emotions pull and push them in directions
but there always comes a fated yes or no
clear-cut question for me to choose
beneath all those options

i think i could choose to fall in love with you
i think i could choose to completely ignore your existence
i think i'm choosing the middle ground
we're friends

enjoy it.
i stick with my choices.
i made them so i live with them

No comments:

Post a Comment