Wednesday, September 9, 2009

pillows

i haave more pillows on his bed than I'll ever really need.
see, i want you're head to be comfortable when you finally join me here,
so i have choices for you.
I'll still sleep with the same pillow i've used since i was ten.
it's perfect, almost flat.

you would hate it.

it feels like sleeping on my hands without letting the fingers fall asleep.
it feels like peace for dreams to come in naturally

you like those soft pillows
they feel like your sleeping on air
covered in cotton
covered in satin
your head shrinks in and floats
floats off into the world of dreams
while mine stays grounded
making dreams come to me

but i have these pillows for you
varying degrees of soft
and if they dont work for you
i'll give you my own
let you sleep in my hands
so dreams can come to you

or you can rest your head on my chest
sleep to the rhythm of my heartbeat
dream to the sound of my internal drum

No comments:

Post a Comment