Wednesday, September 9, 2009

trumpet vine

a shyness with one wall.
once the wall is broken i regain composure,
i bloom grow like trumpet vine.
No walls, no windows, can stop me,

the walls are broken and i just slip through the cracks with my confidence.

i am the vine that will tear you down
those hills
those hurdles
bumps in the road
i grow through
i fill up
smooth them out

smell my flower
look at my beautiful shade
reminds you of trumpets
namesake

my namesake
is a super hero
who is wrapped in lies
telepathy
compared to civil rights heroes
but he is full of secrets
full of lies
has a confidence that is unnerving
he knows no shyness
but shuts himself off
to protect you from what he's seen

i know one wall of shyness
and when i break through
you can choose how deep you want to look
because while you're staring in
i'm growing, creeping in

trumpet vine

No comments:

Post a Comment