Thursday, August 13, 2009

ocean and shore

you are the beach on which waves fear
because your sandbar washes away year after year
showing the rocky underside
your jagged edges

it wonders
whether it could take you inside it's cool embrace
only to discover you slip away inside
until all that is left
is rocks to be broken upon

i am an ocean tide
moving with a purpose
trying to bring you inside
because i have nothing to hide
these clear waters let you see wonder
all the way down to the dark mystery
that i keep for those who I've swallowed long before
and you...
you scare me
but i cannot stop my course
to break upon your shore.

i wish for gloomy skies of gray
to let me sleep through the day
till all thoughts of you fade away.
it hurts to much to handle
cause all we cause is scandal.
babe... just don't do those things you do to me,
see,
your sand in my eye scrapes my vision
every time you make me open them
and see you.

every time i open my eyes
it scrapes so i can
see your jagged shore
and break

No comments:

Post a Comment