Monday, August 17, 2009

hot hot hot

i am melting like faces covered in napalm.
the heat can only be described as hot as when
you walk into my room with lips painted red
whispering "come here"
except i know that i'm sweating alone
feeling disgustingly filthy
from my head to my toes.
that's the way life goes.
i'm just melting away
and this time,
no one is around to drink me up.
wasteful.

we are so wasteful
we throw around color on canvas
copying the world
except we forget
how beautiful it was
when the world was black and white
many shades of grey
but you still knew
how red those lips were
how hot those lips were

how hot you were
when the napalm hit your face
hidden in her kiss
in a time where she would drink you
till nothing was left
but drips in the glass

i drank all my water
yet i am still dry
these burned lips
haven't tasted the same
since they kissed you.

No comments:

Post a Comment