Wednesday, August 12, 2009

nightmares and heartbreak

fought through nightmares just to stare you in the face one more time...
and you turn me away?
darling cant you see,
there's nothing i want more than you.
darling why cant you see,
you belong with me?
can this be?

if so i travel back into the realm of dreams,
where nightmares await me with open arms.
hold me tight for i fear of breaking.

now with nightmares to comfort me
i grasp onto the pseudo reality
that fear
is an emotion i can overcome
much faster than heartbreak
which sounds like a thousand screams
caught halfway between my throat
and my eyes
scream until they turn blue

nightmares of loss
embarrassment
they hold me
warm me
i am shivering
these newly blue eyes
have spread their color
to my lips
to my skin
i am cold
no matter how hard the fires
that burn where tears once flowed
try to warm me
will i let myself
feel the rush of rosy cheeks
or skipped heartbeats

i count every single one
since i don't know
when the nightmares will turn on me
and finish what you started
finally breaking it

No comments:

Post a Comment