Thursday, August 27, 2009

burning

I shall not dream of you tonight.
we've been at this game for too long now and i fear it is coming to an end.
it was a good run but now i think the time has come for me to sleep alone.
gripping tight the sheets as the pain of missing you takes hold
i fall deeper into self-loathing until my knuckles turn white.
until your memory fades

it hurts more than i can bear
but i must
like atlas and the world
it all rests on my shoulders
keeping me from stretching my legs
keeping me from overthrowing tyrants
like you...

holding my heart tight
grip of iron
it burns
it burns
such purity

i am mythical beast
i am elf in the woods
elusive but drawn to you
moth to flame
it burns
it burns

so i grip tight the sheets
until i forget
and the pain
is but a memory

No comments:

Post a Comment