Sunday, June 21, 2009

another backstory/dissection, elemental poem

sandpaper throat
desert inside my mouth
cuts like so much glass
making me weep
granite tears < this whole stanza came from a sore throat i've had for a few days. no it doesn't make me cry, but it hurts like a bitch

you are water
flowing, shimmering
slowly wearing down my points
into rounded sea stone edges
digging deep within me
until i become a canyon < then the poem became a love poem, thinkin about some random girl of my dreams

my stone exterior shines
quartz stone to be polished
by water
by you
we can shine
light reflects
refracts
making fire < i've always had a thing for quartz, and although i dont think its possible to have it reflect and make a beam strong enough to start a fire, the transfer from one element to the next was kinda important

we can burn down this forest
just the two of us
with friction
reflection
refraction
light beams
making sunbeams
ignite brush < the forest is a representation of stress and problems being burned down by our passion and combination. together the girl and i would make it all ignight

elemental chaos
and i'll weep granite tears
into your waters
as you wrap around me
softening my edges
the fire's already begun < this is to tie it all together. the stone tears, her waters wrapping in embrace, softened edges with flames... then the last line gives a feeling of loss, or should... because by burning all those things away, we've lost them.

just look at what we've done

No comments:

Post a Comment