Sunday, November 8, 2009

a talk about "us"

have you been avoiding it like i have?
because distance makes us weak?
or is it just me that gets weak
me who doesn't want someone waiting
with romance in her heart
while i go off and train
to save and end lives by my choosing
to save and end lives by my stagnation
to save and end lives by my hands

i'm avoiding it because i'm about to leave
it'll be easier if i don't have a girl waiting at home
no worries on the home front
waiting nervously for letters
fears of a "dear john" letter
every mail call

you make me happy
we talk every day
separated so far
a relationship is just putting a name on what we're already working towards

i meant it when i said go for opportunities that arise
don't wait on my account
because i have a habit of waiting too long
when it comes to jumping off a cliff
into oceans of good things
i'm used to it being too late
but as long as your happy
i'll be fine with it

No comments:

Post a Comment