Thursday, July 23, 2009

Steve Rogers and I, have something in common.

Steve Rogers probably felt like this
standing in line
to join the army
and fight Nazis
and the Japanese
to serve his country.
Having them look him over and say
"No boy, Too frail
Too Weak"
except
He was joining the army
and they had secret programs
to make him stronger
faster
and better than everyone else
a Super Soldier.

I...
I am Joining the Marine Corps
who would've looked at Rogers
and said
"Boy, there's no chance in hell
unless you can overhaul yourself"
they have no secret programs
so they look at me and say
"Not yet.
Too frail
Too weak."
and unlike steve
there are no secret projects
nothing for me to miraculously get
stronger and faster
no
I do this the old fashioned way
I work harder
I push more
Because I want this
More than he did
I want this
more than anyone.

No comments:

Post a Comment